Getting married is a major life event. You want everything to be perfect, especially your first dance wedding song. Songs for your wedding dance should be something that is special to the both of you. This is the song that you will dance your first dance with your new spouse as you start a new beginning as your life as a married couple.
Traditionally, the first dance between husband and wife is done after the first course of the meal has been served. However, in more recent years, couples are starting to dance to the first dance wedding song after the cake has been cut.
Choosing a song to dance that first dance with should be well thought out. There might even be more than one song that is special to the both of you. Two or three special songs are not an uncommon selection from the newly married couple. The songs chosen could represent the song playing on the radio the first time that the two of you met or the first dance wedding song might be a song that you both have determined as “your song”.
If you cannot think of a first dance wedding song or you have never determined that you both had an “our song” in your relationship there are many, many beautiful songs that you can pick from that will fall into the category as the perfect first dance wedding song for any couple.
Some examples of perfect first dance wedding songs are…
- (Everything I do) I Do It for You by Bryan Adams
- A Long and Lasting Love by Crystal Gayle
- A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson
- A New Day Has Come by Celine Dion
- A Love Story by Mariah Carey
- For Always by Josh Groban
- Forever by The Beach Boys
- Beautiful by Jim Brickman
- Could I Have This Dance by Anne Murray
- Your Everything by Keith Urban
- You’re The First, The Last, My Everything by Barry White
- The Love of a Lifetime by Firehouse
- My Cherie Amour by Stevie Wonder
- My Angel (Never Leave You) by Bobby Valentino
- My Love by Lionel Ritchie
- In You by Glenn Jones
- I Believe In You and Me by The Four Tops
- I Cross My Heart by George Strait
- Grow Old With Me by John Lennon
- Blessed by Christina Aguilera
As you can see, the choices are endless, as there are so many beautiful, romantic songs from recent years and years past. You should pick out a first dance wedding song well in advance because this might take you a while to decide on.
As far as the choice of dance goes that you and your new spouse will enjoy together as husband and wife, you can dance whatever way you will enjoy, but most couples like to start out with a slow, romantic dance and then take it in several different directions after that point. Some couples even prepare in advance for this very special part of their wedding by attending dance lessons together and learning different dance styles, such as the waltz, the rumba, the salsa, and more.
The possibilities for your wedding day festivities are numerous. Customizing your wedding is an individual matter and the choices are plentiful. Careful planning well in advance can help you to create that perfect, memorable wedding day that you have always dreamed of.
All the best with your special day,